June is Men’s Health Month
Mental illness affects both men and women. However, men may be less likely to talk about their feelings and seek help. Recognizing the five signs below is the first step towards getting treatment and living a better life:
- Extreme change in personality
- Uncharacteristic anxiety, anger, or moodiness
- Social withdrawal and isolation
- Lack of self-care or risky behaviors
- A sense of hopelessness or feeling overwhelmed
If you experience any of warning signs or see these behaviors in the men in your life, please contact a licensed, professional counselor, or contact a physician for help.