Strawberry Avocado Salad with Hemp Tahini Dressing
Ingredients (2-4 servings)
- 6 cups mixed baby lettuces
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced sugar snap peas
- 1/2 large English cucumber, spiralized into ribbons
- 1 cup sliced organic strawberries
- 1/2 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (I used Navitas Naturals organic unsalted ones)
- 2 tbsp roughly torn fresh mint and parsley
- 1 tbsp very finely minced fresh basil
For the dressing (makes about 2/3 cup):
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water (or as needed, to thin)
- Dash of black pepper
- Make the dressing: Whirl all ingredients in a food processor until completely smooth, then pour them into a jar. Note that the dressing will thicken as it sits, so you may want to shake it up with a bit of water before pouring on the salad.
- Prepare the salad ingredients as directed above. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can easily create cucumber ribbons by slicing long strips with a veggie peeler. Combine everything together in a bowl, tossing gently with dressing.
- Protein options: Roasted or plain chickpeas, beans, grilled tempeh, baked or grilled fish, or organic grilled chicken would all work perfectly!