Classic Sesame Noodles with Chicken
Classic sesame noodles become a healthy meal with lean chicken and tons of veggies in this quick recipe for Asian noodles. Be sure to rinse the spaghetti until it's cold, then give it a good shake in the colander until it's well drained. Are you a spiralizing pro? Swap 5 cups of raw zucchini, carrot or other veggie “noodles” for the cooked pasta.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons toasted (dark) sesame oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 8 ounces cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced snap peas
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse and transfer to a large bowl.
2. Combine sesame oil, scallions, garlic, ginger and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until starting to sizzle. Cook for 15 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and ketchup. Add to the noodles along with chicken, carrots, snap peas and sesame seeds; gently toss to combine.
* Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate sauce and noodle mixture separately for up to 1 day; toss together before serving.