Budget-Friendly Holiday Gift Ideas
‘Tis the season for gift-giving and holiday parties – and for many, overspending and financial stress. This year, you don’t have to break the bank to give an enjoyable holiday gift. We’ve compiled budget-friendly gift ideas for everyone on your list – take a look!
- Hand Sanitizers: During the thick of cold and flu season, educators are always looking to avoid any bugs floating around. Help them to stay happy and healthy by bundling a variety of miniature bottles of together with a holiday ribbon.
- Gift Card: Many teachers are given only a minimal budget to offset costs for classroom materials. A gift card to a local bookstore or coffee shop is greatly appreciated to supplement out-of-pocket costs for classroom materials or an after-school pick-me-up.
- Gourmet Coffee: Teachers often have early mornings and expend a lot of energy during the day. Pick up a bag of coffee next time you are at your local coffee shop and beautify it with a bow. Want to do a little more? Add in a bottle of caramel flavoring syrup!
- Magazine Subscriptions: Stumped on what to get your coworker? Try purchasing a magazine of their interest and sign them up for an annual subscription. Most print magazines run specials around the holidays with annual subscriptions ringing in at just $10/yr.
- Holiday Plant: These living gifts are excellent for coworkers as they can easily brighten up a desk space or home office.
- Movie Tickets: While movie ticket prices have risen over the past few years, a movie for two still rings in under $20. Package the tickets with a favorite movie treat to create a fun movie- themed bundle.
- Photo Calendars: Have you captured the best moments of 2016 on your smart phone? Put those photos on display in a 2017 calendar to ensure your family members enjoy a year of great memories.
- Try DIY: Whether you’re looking to give gifts to 2 or 12 friends, do-it-yourself gifts are fun and affordable.
- Mason Jar Mixes.
- Hot Cocoa Kit: Fill mason jar halfway with pre-made cocoa mix. Fill remainder of jar with layers of miniature marshmallows, chocolate chips and crunched candy canes. Attach recipe card outlining preparation directions to the jar with ribbon.
- Sugar scrub: Mix 2 cups of cane sugar with ¼ cup coconut oil and 3 drops of peppermint essential oil to create an exfoliating shower scrub.