4th of July Safety Tips
Getting ready for the holiday week? It's important to know that fireworks are an Independence Day staple, but can pose a risk to your wellbeing if not handled safely. For peace of mind, follow these recommended safety tips from the National Council on Fireworks Safety.
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.