Tips for Sticking with a New Habit
Making a change is hard, especially when it comes to developing a new habit. Here are six tips to help you stick with your new healthy habit!
- Make time for your new habit by changing your schedule. Look at your current daily or weekly schedule and note when you plan to incorporate the new habit.
- Plan for potential roadblocks. Come up with a plan B for when events arise that might make sticking with your habit challenging!
- Ask for support from family, friends and coworkers.
- Reflect on the reasons why you want to make this change. What benefits will you gain from staying consistent with the new habit?
- Keep track of your efforts by writing down progress.
- Reward yourself for sticking with the plan.