February Is Heart Health Month
Make a difference in your community by spreading the word about strategies to prevent heart disease and encourage those around you to commit to heart-healthy lives.
We can use this month to raise awareness about heart disease and how to prevent it - both at home and in the community. Here are some tips for heart health:
- Make heart-healthy choices! Small changes, like using spices to season your food instead of salt, can make a big difference.
- Educate yourself! Know your family history and the risk factors for heart disease.
- Have regular checkups and work with your physician to manage your health.
- Encourage teachers and administrators to make physical activity part of the school day. This can help students learn healthy habits early.
- Ask doctors, nurses, and health educators to be leaders in their communities by speaking out about the ways to prevent heart disease.
- Host a community event where friends and neighbors can be active while learning about local health resources.