Blueberry Banana Granola Parfaits
Putting your breakfast together ahead of time is a great way to make more time for yourself in the morning.
Ingredients for Granola
- 1 cup raw almonds, finely chopped
- ⅔ cup raw walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup banana bread and muffin mix
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened creamy almond butter (or your favorite nut or seed butter)
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup dried or freeze-dried blueberries
- ½ cup banana chips, roughly chopped
Ingredients for Parfaits
- Fresh bananas, peeled and sliced
- Fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- Plain yogurt of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick pad and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the almonds, walnuts, banana bread and muffin mix, coconut, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter, honey, and coconut oil.
- Add the almond butter mixture to the large mixing bowl and toss with the nut mixture until well-combined.
- Turn the granola out onto the prepared pan and press firmly into an even layer. Try to make sure the layer is the same thickness throughout, about ¾ inch to 1 inch thick. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until crisp.
- Cool, then use your fingertips to break up the granola. Sprinkle the dried blueberries and banana chips over the top, and use your fingertips to toss it all together.
- To assemble the parfaits, layer the fresh bananas, yogurt, granola, and fresh blueberries together in a bowl or Mason jar. Top with a drizzle of raw honey, if you want. Enjoy!