Blueberry & Grilled Peach Quinoa Parfaits
- 2 peaches, halved and remove the pit
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa (prepare per package instructions)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup (or honey or agave)
- 4 teaspoons chopped pecans
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Place each peach half on the grill, cut side down, for 4-5 minutes. Flip over and grill for another 4-5 minutes, or until caramelized and juicy. Remove from the grill and chill in the refrigerator. Alternatively, you can roast them cut side up on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes at 425°F, or until tender.
- Remove the peels, if desired, and chop the peaches into about ½ inch pieces.
- Place about two tablespoons of quinoa in the bottom of each of the four jars, glasses or bowls. Top each with about two tablespoons of blueberries, about an eighth of the peaches, two tablespoons of yogurt, half a teaspoon of maple syrup, and half a teaspoon of pecans.
- Repeat the layers, then top with a reserved peach slice or a couple of blueberries for garnish, if desired.