- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Salt, to taste
- ½ carton Pacific Foods Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Pacific Foods Organic Unsweetened Coconut Original Non-Dairy Beverage
- Fresh cilantro
- Your choice of rice, quinoa, or greens
- In a medium pot with a lid, heat a thin layer of coconut oil over medium-heat.
- Add onion and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Add garam masala, cumin, and salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and chickpeas, then bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover the pot. Cook for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or greens with a little chopped cilantro.