Tip Of The Week: Fight Depression With Exercise
- Exercise can distract someone from negativity that sometimes fuels depression.
- Exercise offers the opportunity to meet or socialize with other people. And social isolation is a risk factor for depression.
- Unhealthy behaviors like drinking alcohol, drugs or overeating only make depression worse.
- Exercise is a healthy way to cope with anxiety or depression.
- Exercise reduces immune system chemicals that can worsen depression.
- Exercise raises your body temperature, which helps calm the mind.