Steps For A Safe Memorial Day Trip
With so many people on the roads, it's important to drive safely. Be well rested and alert, use your seatbelts, observe speed limits and follow the rules of the road.
Some other tips for a safe road trip include:
- Give your full attention to the road. Avoid distractions such as cell phones.
- Use caution in work zones. There are lots of construction projects underway on the highways.
- Don't follow other vehicles too closely.
- Clean your vehicle's lights and windows to help you see clearly, especially at night.
- Turn your headlights on as dusk approaches, or during inclement weather.
- Carry a disaster supplies kit in your trunk.
- Let someone know where you're going, your route and when you expect to get there. If your car gets stuck along the way, help can be sent along your predetermined route.