Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 small head cauliflower (550-600g), before steaming
- 2 whole eggs (or use chia eggs)
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (or use dairy cheese)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F with a pizza stone.
- To create the pureed cauliflower, simply chop all the cauliflower florets into small pieces, place into a blender and blend until pureed (it doesn't have to be perfectly smooth).
- Lightly steam cauliflower for 3-5 minutes or until slightly soft, puree again to help smooth. (You have an option of leaving this a bit chunky or smooth if you prefer)
- Place the lightly steamed cauliflower into a nut-milk bag//cheesecloth//paper towels over a large bowl (to catch the liquid) and squeeze the excess water from the cauliflower.
- Let the cauliflower sit within the nut-milk//cheesecloth//paper towel for about 5 minutes, returning to squeeze any further water.
- Discard the cauliflower liquid. The end result will resemble a firm puree.
- Combine the remaining ingredients into the large bowl and hand mix with a large spoon or whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the "dough" into either 1 large pizza shape or 2 small pizza rounds on a piece of parchment paper that will be transferred to the hot pizza stone.
- Avoid spreading the "dough" too thin as the moisture will cause it the crack and pull away from rest of the dough, I like leaving mine about ½ inch thick.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown and firm to touch. You can flip this half way through the baking process to make sure both sides are cooked well to your liking.
- Take out of the oven and top with your favorite toppings.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees or until everything on the top has warmed and melted.
- Top it with your favorite sauce, veggies, proteins and spices. Enjoy!