- 6 large potatoes (use a variety you enjoy like gold, purple sweet, and sweet potatoes)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnishes: ½ cup freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Clean the potatoes with warm water, dry. Using a sharp knife thinly slice each potato about ¼-1/2 inch making sure you cut only halfway through the potato, not letting the slice complete. Repeat until all potatoes have thin slices that look like a fan on the top of the potatoes.
- In a large baking dish lined with foil or well greased with coconut oil, place hasselback potatoes sliced side facing up. Drizzle olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic in between the slices to fill.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Store in an airtight glass container and reheat in the oven or on the skillet until warm. Serve as a side dish with optional garnishes in the blog post.
For more information on this recipe or for ideas on how you can make your own simple hasselback potatoes, click here.