5 Easy Ways To Eat Your Greens
Leafy greens are a fantastic part of the everyday diet! These powerhouse greens are packed with vitamins, minerals, and disease-fighting phytochemicals. Some leafy greens, like collards and kale, are particularly rich in calcium, which helps keep teeth and bones strong, and reduces overall risk for osteoporosis. Calcium also contributes to muscle function, and blood-pressure management. Leafy greens that contain beta-carotene, such as collard greens, spinach, and Swiss chard, contribute to the growth and repair of the body’s tissues.
Check out these ways to increase leafy green intake:
- Mix them to your eggs – put a handful of greens into your omelet, egg scramble or frittata
- Blend them up! Add leafy greens to your favorite smoothie recipe.
- Add them to your favorite dishes! Leafy greens can be mixed into pasta, topped on pasta or added to your tacos.
- Make chips out of them! Kale is a great leafy green that can be roasted into a perfect snack- kale chips!
- Sneak it in to dips and sauces! Leafy greens can be easily added to hummus, guacamole, pesto and other sauces using a food processor or blender.