Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (a 15 oz can rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup mayo, homemade or store-bought (try vegan mayo!)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and very finely chopped (almost minced)
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sandwiches:
- Sliced tomatoes
- Romaine lettuce
- Whole wheat bread
- Extra mayo for spreading
- In a mixing bowl, use an avocado masher or a strong fork to mash the chickpeas well. They should retain some of their texture and not appear pureed. A few whole ones left are ok.
- Mix in the mayo and give a few more mashes. Mix in the carrot, celery and onion flakes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Assemble into sandwiches, toasted or not, and serve sliced in half.