Tip Of The Week: How To Leave Anger Behind
There are many benefits to letting go of anger. You reduce stress, make better decisions, and increase inner peace.
Use these tips to practice patience:
- Take a step back. Is there a positive way to look at the situation? Try to see that glimmer of hope rather than panic or anger.
- Ask for help. Anger is an easy answer when you feel overwhelmed. Express your frustrations and ask a friend/coworker/partner/family member for help.
- Exercise. Stress is often the source of anger - and exercise is a great way to relieve both.
- Think first, act next. Collect yourself and your thoughts before acting on your initial emotion. Take deep breaths and calm your mind.
- Understand change is constant. It may be hard to understand and deal with right now. But with time and patience, your situation can improve.