Strategies To Cut Down On Worrying
How can you cut down on worrying when it feels unavoidable? Try these techniques to help you stress less:
- Schedule a "worry hour". Put off all of your worrying until this time (but also don't just sit and worry). Write down your fears. Doing this will help you take action or accept the worry and move on.
- Start a dialogue with yourself. Treat yourself like a friend - be logical and empathetic to your concerns. You'll likely find more balanced perspective this way.
- Find a distraction. Do something else besides worry. Try watching an upbeat movie or read a soothing book.
- Catch worrying early. Anxiety tends to spiral. Try not to focus on the worst possible outcome and instead think of ways to solve the problem before it gets worse.
- Exercise. We can't say it enough, but exercising is a healthy outlet for anxiety and tension. Plus it helps control weight and strengthen your heart.