Crush That Step Goal
Whether you are trying to hit 10,000 steps a day or just trying to move more for health benefits, try the following 5 tips to work more steps into your day!
- Take the stairs. At the airport, work, shopping mall or school - always take the stairs when it is an option. If escalators are the only means available, don’t just stand! Walk up the escalator just as if were are using the stairs.
- Park further away (and even further if that is what it takes to get stairs involved!)
- Pace while waiting. We often find ourselves waiting on something. Whether we're on hold on the phone, waiting for water to boil, waiting on a taxi or delivery - use this free wait time to pace back and forth.
- Take the long way to the restroom and back to your work space.
- Walk around the house or at work while on the phone.